This project first came to mind when watching the Desolation of Smaug. I just got back into the Hobbit craze.
But the project really came to life after silly enough, playing the Doll Divine game. This is where I came up with the original design.
The costume took just over a month, while working a few hours a day. It wasn’t the most complicated project I’ve ever done, but I did learn some new things like homemade piping and hand sewing eyelets.
I wrote several posts about this project. Unfortunately, this was done so long ago that there are not that many pictures, but I’ve fully detailed the construction process.